If you are new here, this section will guide you through how to become a Certified Horse Boy Method Practitioner, as well as through our Code of Conduct, Advertising Guidelines and more.
If you have been a Practitioner for a while and are interested in becoming a Trainer (i.e. being able to host Certification Workshops), scroll to the bottom of the page and check out our requirements for becoming a Trainer.
The following pages will explain to you in great detail what you will need to do to get certified as Horse Boy Method Practitioner. Please remember we are asking for all those things because we need to know about the work you do with children before we can put our stamp of approval on your program and let you use the New Trails Learning Systems Brand.
These requirements are in place to protect the families and ensure excellent service.
But DON'T WORRY. It's all easy.
What we need you to do:
The basic steps are for all levels the same.
- You are 18 years or older
- Background check passed
- Be an active Gold Member on NTLS.co (unless you are part of a Tribe. If you are part of a Tribe the main Practitioner or Mentor will have to have Gold Membership, every other member of the Tribe Silver Membership)
- Once you are a Gold Member on our website you can add your listing on this website: https://ntls.co/courses/local-trainers Just press the add entry button. Then submit your form. We will look over it and publish it. The day you submit your form is when you Apprenticeship clock starts ticking. You have 1 year from submission of the form to finish your apprenticeship. To do so you have to do the following.
- Submit video files (details on the levels below) of you working with kids or horses
- Submit a set of case studies
- Participate in at least 2 continuous education webinars or workshops per year
- Be in good standing with Horse Boy and adhere to Horse Boy's Code of Conduct.
- Keep us up to date by submitting annual year end reports (template will be provided in your http://my.ntls.co account)
- Must follow Horse Boy Advertising Guidelines
Read on to find out what case studies and videos are required for each level of Certification.