This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.

NTLS Forum

Where/how do I get started?

6 months 1 week ago #393 by NTLS Team
Where/how do I get started? was created by NTLS Team
We very often get questions along this line:

I have 2 daughter s with autism I live in CITY,STATE and I need help..

So below a few tips and suggestions on how to get started.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 1 week ago #394 by NTLS Team
Replied by NTLS Team on topic Where/how do I get started?
This is a very common question and the more detail we have the better we can help of course. But here a few ways to get started that work for almost any situation.

1. The more you know, the better educated you are, the easier it will be for you to spot what methods work and what not. So start with reading everything you can find. Start with our Science of Learning: ntls.co/the-science-of-learning ; then go on and read everything in our other sections. Especially the Home Schooling ntls.co/home-schooling and Behavioral Therapies Sections ntls.co/behavioral-therapies ; if you are a teacher also check out the Movement Method section ntls.co/movement-method and if you have a background in horses also check the Equine Therapy section ntls.co/equine-therapy <br/> after that move on to our research section and the blog which both have a lot of information on helping your child.
  2. If you like what you saw, and you are looking to help your children with behavioral issues or life skills, join us and become a Silver Member ntls.co/Join-Us to learn more in our Behavioral Modules ntls.co/courses/behavioral-modules . Also become a Silver Member if you are more looking for improving academical skills but then check out our Lesson Plans ntls.co/courses/lesson-plans .
  3. We also strongly suggest you check out our Movement Method 1 & 2 Online Certification course as that will give you a lot of information how to work with your children, how to know if a person working with your child is right for your child, and more. You can find the course here: ntls.co/movement-method/movement-method-...ication-course-final
  4. Once you have taken the course we can talk in more detail on what next steps to take. This could be: going for an intensive family week to one of our Practitioners or Mentors, it could be that you would like for one of our trainers to come to you and train people that are working with your children or it could be that we can just guide you into the right direction through advice here in the forum or via email. All that depends on your personal situation.

The most important thing is that you continue with what you have done! Ask for help and ask as many questions until you feel you know what you do, and why, and what your road-map for your children and family is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Vining

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds