These 6 modules are easily implemented as part of your school's continuous education and development program. Our trainers are working teachers who know the stresses, limitations, and also the advantages of delivering kinetic learning in the traditional school environment and will provide specific case studies from their own and other Movement Method trained classrooms to illustrate in detail how to easily implement movement in the classroom. Specific challenges such as Oppositional Defiance Disorder and other related conditions are addressed.
Easy to implement in the classroom even with one teacher and 30 children. They deliver kinetic learning, brain building, lesson plans and strategies for avoiding teacher burn out.
- The Neuro-Science: How the brain actually learns; what kinds of movement activate the learning centers of the brain; what environmental factors and human factors shut the brain down. Once you know this you know the tool you are working with in a school - the brain - in a way that few educators ever get a chance to. We finish with easy to implement strategies to then include these movements subtly into any given lesson in any environment
- Self Care: How to avoid burn out and what to do if burn out is happening. We all know teachers work incredibly hard and do an amazing job. Self-Care is vital: we use the cutting edge Self-Compassion methodology, created by Professor Kristin Neff from the School of Education at the University of Texas which has now been adopted by teachers and caregivers in over 20 countries. Simple exercises that transform crisis into opportunity.
- Brain Building Games: Children must play! It's how they build their brains. If we are clever, we can use the games they love to play both in the playground and in more static situations to specifically build up the learning centers of the brain and teach optimal cognitive capacity. These simple exercises and strategies can be adapted to any subject and take resistance out of learning.
- Math and Science: This is the pain point for many schools. Especially middle school. We collaborate with the Physics Department at the University of Osnabrueck in Germany to create lesson plans for Math and Science from the most basic to pre-college level that all learning types easily understand. We give you specific modules to use for arithmetic, geometry, equations, fractions, statistics and more. Also fun exercises in physics that anyone can do anywhere, anytime that lay the foundation for real understanding in Science - especially among those with difficulties in this area.
- Literacy and Language: Starting with the most basic use of letters and making friends with the concept of written communication, we give you a series of lesson plans that build literacy, lay the foundations for foreign language skills, and also build self advocacy in both the written and spoken word. This really helps kids go on to thrive in the professional world.
- Creating the Kinetic Classroom: How to use what you've got without expensive make-over. We show you how to eliminate bad sensory triggers, that can shut learning down, how to create the good sensory triggers that are your silent, even invisible allies in teaching, and how to create opportunities for movement without losing control of the classroom. We also show you how to use the school grounds as classrooms - especially for Math and Science. We understand that time frames are limited and that special time for movement may not be possible - so our strategies are aimed at keeping inside the allotted lesson time without detracting from time spent delivering curriculum - but upping student performance.
To find a case study of Movement Method applied in the classroom, click here.